How Can Music Therapy Benefit Adults And Children?
- Increase sensory-motor skills
- Increase cognitive skills
- Improve social skills
- Increase impulse control
- Improve self-esteem and self-control
- Improve expressive-receptive language skills
- Increase problem-solving skills
- Improve auditory and visual-motor skills
- Increase ability to identify and communicate feelings appropriately
Rehabilitation Through Neurological Music Therapy
What is Neurological Music Therapy?
Different from traditional Music Therapy, Neurological Music Therapy uses special techniques to help with the development of functional abilities such as physical movement, cognition, and speech. For example, using melody to help a stroke patient learn to speak again.
Who Does it Help?
Both children and adults with: Traumatic Brain Injury, Stroke, Parkinson’s, Neurological Disorders (Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy), and Autism