The mission of the Center for Music Therapy is to provide exceptional music therapy services to empower clients and families in reaching their fullest potential through evidence based and neurologically based music therapy, play therapy, and counseling methods. We provide family-centered, strength-based and goal-based care in collaboration with other professionals.
The Center for Music Therapy envisions individuals with developmental, neurological, and dementia-related challenges being empowered to achieve their maximum potential through creative and research-based techniques.
Our Core Values
- We believe that every person is capable of living a happy, engaging, and rewarding life. We believe that everyone has a “best” and we are compelled to nurture that pursuit.
- We are passionate about the power of inclusive consultative relationships with family and other professionals to increase the quality of life for all individuals struggling with disability. It takes a community to create lasting change!
- We believe in inspiring hope.
- We are focused on one thing: doing what works for the client and the family. Balancing the meeting of client goals with the needs of the family is a daily challenge for our clinicians.
- Research and evidence-based interventions drive how our sessions are designed. We look through the lens of neurological, mindfulness, and client-based outcomes to design treatment plans that work.
Integrity and Ethics
We maintain a high level of integrity and ethics in our practice. We are open to change in the spirit of achieving excellence.
RN, MA, MT-BC, RPT, LMHC, LMFT (CO) Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Board Certified Music Therapist
I am passionate about helping others to find the goodness within them and to heal the barriers that prevent them from embracing the light of goodness inside. Each of us comes into this world as a magnificent sun. What often trips us up is that we learn to identify with the clouds — ugly things…